Monday, June 17, 2013

Poppy With An Art Project In A Bottle

Hello Friends, 

Well, after three days of wearing only black and white nails, I needed some color! I picked Come To Poppy from OPI's 2011 Summer Great Stems collection. It is a wonderful coral pink with just a tiny  bit of shimmer-gorgeous Summer color. At one time, we grew wonderful Poppies and probably nostalgia played an initial part of me wanting this color. 


But being me, I couldn't leave it at just that. A couple of months ago, I ran across Seche's  Collage Overlay. Now I ask you, how could an art teacher pass that up? It sounded like an art project!

Collage Overlay is composed of large white hexes, smaller holographic hexes, and silver bars. For me, the perfect topcoat. And what a surprise. We always think of Seche as the Cadillac of topcoats, but an fantastic glitter?

I decided I wanted four white hexes for my ring fingers, and fished them out and tried to put them where I wanted. Then I just painted on the Overlay. For every finger, it would have been a bit much for me. But, as an accent: Wow!




So, there is it. Fortunately, these polishes are easy to find on the Internet. They are two beauties. 


That's it this time. So until next time, I hope today brings you a beautifully polished life.......Terri

  
Seche Vite is cruelty free. This OPI is not. It was produced after OPI was sold to Cody. The last cruelty free collection produced by OPI was the Holiday Burlesque collection of 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment