Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Compilation Repost

This is a combination of two holiday reposts from The Meadowtree Journal. They were posted 12/18/2012 and 12/24/2012. I remember wearing all of these. 


My simple idea for the Holidays. I had this on last week. It's rich but subtle.
I am wearing C on the below chart.



I really had fun posting about "my obsession" and wanted to show what I've been up to for the holiday nail ideas. I am doing a simple design of one base color and tipping my nails with another. Done in the right colors, it can be worn for everyday. 




The above collage shows the four combinations I am using. I have already worn B and C. I am planning on D for Christmas day and don't know when I am going to get to A. As you probably guess, I really like this style of design. It looks elegant without being overdone. Well, at least that is what I think. 

The combinations are:

A. OPI's Indulgence for the base coat and it is tipped in Revlon's Golden

B. OPI's Vamsterdam for the based coat and tipped in NYC's Topaz.

C. OPI's I'm Not Really A Waitress for the base coat and tipped in OPI's Indulgence.

D. Zoya's Logan for the base coat and tipped in NYC's TopazLogan is also on my toes now.

Some of my OPI's are very small bottles. Being just a beginner without much of a collection, I have gotten a few of OPI's mini sets. My favorite has been their TOP 10 for 2012. I found it on EBAY for $20 and like everything in it. You can try a bunch
of different colors without the high price of individual full size prices. 



OPI's Top Ten. A big bottle of Vamsterdam stands in front of it. I loved the color
so much that I purchased a full size bottle and gave the mini to my daughter.
She wore it last weekend and really liked it also.
From left to right: Revlon's Golden, Zoya's Logan, LA Color's Topaz and OPI's Indulgence.

And I couldn't forget about Hanukah. I am not Jewish but very close family members are. There are two different looks. Both base coats are Unfor-greta-bly Blue by OPI.
Again, this is a mini sample and is from the Germany Collection (GER-MINIS). The sample on the left is tipped in Beware by Pure Ice. The sample on the right is a little more understated with the tips being in Hallucinate by Wet n' Wild. Hallucinate is a  multi color glitter and blends more than contrasts.




Zoya's Logan

It's Christmas Eve morning and 20 degrees! Before I start working on our annual family Christmas Eve meal, I want to share what I put on last night for Christmas. 


I used Zoya's Logan from their 2012 Holiday collection. The minute I saw it in an ad last October, I knew that was the one for Christmas. It's my first Zoya polish. In fact, at this point, it is my only Zoya. 

I tipped my nails in gold with Revlon's Golden. Any gold would do. I'm not buying any more Revlon (I have problems with their new animal testing policy) so if I was getting a gold tomorrow, I would probably go to a Milani, Orly, China Glaze, Zoya or Hard Candy. 

Did anyone else pick a color just for the holidays? They sure put a lot of beautiful ones out this year. 

Quite honestly, I don't know if I need any more golds. I'm a sucker for them, that's for sure.

That ties up this repost. To be quite honest, I will probably use some of these colors for this year also. Logan is just really cool and I can't wait to use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment