Monday, June 3, 2013

This Could Be What Fairy Wings Look Like In The Early Morning Dew Light


Today I have Celesia from the Rainbow Honey's Equestria collection. This polish has to be one of the most ethereal polishes on the planet. I am a big fan of ABC's Once Upon A Time (a very much  fairytale show), and my first thought when I saw this polish was, "This has to be what fairy wings surely look like". 

Rainbow Honey's description of Celesia is, 


Celestia - A sheer, sky blue polish filled with bursts multichromatic shimmer and opalescent flakes, turning every color into something new."



Well, it's all that and fairy wings too.






This look started out with an underpainting of China Glaze's Rainbow. Rainbow is a prismatic hint of all the colors (like a rainbow). I usually use it as a topcoat but thought it could contribute to the quality of light I was trying to get with this mani. 

Rainbow is one of my "original ten" polishes that I had before the "obsession" hit. Even if China Glaze doesn't make it any more, it can be found on Amazon and Ebay without a problem and for a good price. When this one runs out, I am going to restock. OK, I digress......

Back to the mani-I put on two coats of Celesia. For as heavenly as this polish looks, it was that much of a pain to apply. Bits (I assume the iridescent heavenly stuff) kept hanging off my nail or went on in clumps that needed to be smoothed out. But it all worked out in the end. 

I finished the tips of my nails with Pure Ice's Splash. Splash came in as a close second as an undercoat. But, it was just to close in the same value and color as Celesia. I still wanted to use it, so I used it for a French tip. It gives a nice finished look, and the color is so close that it is very subtle. 



The Lineup: Pure Ice's Splash, China Glaze's Rainbow, and Rainbow Honey's celestia





I so enjoyed wearing these nails and I hope you have also enjoyed seeing them and how I did them. 

That's it this time. So until next time and I hope today brings you a beautifully polished life.......Terri

2 comments:

  1. This is very pretty color combination, I probably would have left off the China Glaze

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CG is an undercoat and I tried it without, but for me I liked the blue better on top of it than not. Next time, I will put the Pure Ice under just for fun and something different.

    ReplyDelete