Monday, November 11, 2013

Of Turquoise Suede Pumps & Pearls





We went to the symphony this last Saturday night. I wore a basic LBD and accessorized it with my suede turquoise pumps and a three strand Jackie O pearl necklace. 

It also gave me a chance to design my nails to coordinate. Needless to say I had fun. I wanted a lighter tint of the turquoise of my shoes and if I could, I wanted to add some type of texture that would symbolize my pearls. 

What I Used



Milani's Mint Candy was my base coat. The texture coat was  Pirouette My Whistle. I topped it off with My Pointe Exactly. As you can see by the picture above, these last two were from my New York City Ballet mini collection. So I am wondering if anyone else likes these mini sets, or is it just me? 

Mint Candy is pretty much the same hue as my shoes. Pirouette My Whistle is a great understated glitter coat with large white hexes which worked perfectly for my pearl idea. My Point Exactly is a milky white translucent which toned the Mint Candy down perfectly. In the end, it all worked. 

I had some difficulty layering the white on evenly. Maybe I just need more experience (still such a beginner with all this). I did get a complement on it last night, so I think over all, it was pretty successful. 

 Pirouette My Whistle is now on my Ebay Watch List. I really like this glitter. It is so understated and can be worn any day by anybody. 

Milani will be on my get more list. For the price at CVS, I think it is a great quality polish. It also makes the Cruelty Free list which is always a plus for me. 


Architectural Eye Candy



I am also an architectural lover and had to include where we attended the concert. It was the Kaufman Center For The Performing Arts, which is Kansas City's newest landscape icon. This place is gorgeous!

Kaufman Center For The Performing Art, designed by Moshe Safdie, Kansas City, Missouri

Helzburg Hall-sort of from the view point where we sat, but this photo does
not have the orchestra. The interior reminds me of Noah's arch. Does anyone
else see that?


No comments:

Post a Comment