Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pick N Mix #16-Gaff's Unicorn Origami From Bladerunner

The Challenge for The Pick N Mix this week was a holo polish and a film. I hope this means a cinematic film and not some nail technique that I have never heard of! I picked the unicorn origami from Blade Runner.




I have long been a fan of Ridley Scott's 1982 Blade Runner. This movie is dark, genius and haunting. It has seen many different cuts and there is always the age old question: Is Decker a replicant?






So on to the actual nail design part. For the holo part, I used a-england's Fated Prince. This needed to be dark.  The Unicorn is painted with Spa Ritual's Silver Shimmer. The top coat is something new for me. It is Pure Ice's Girl On The Run. I don't buy Pure Ice anymore because of it's association with Revlon, but made an exception for this top coat. Everyone has been raving so much about it, I decided to try it.  

Another new experience for me was using Julep's Plie´ Wand. It came in a free box this month and I only had to pay for the two extra attachments. I thought it worked pretty good, especially the stripper. It just added a little extra fun to the whole bit. 




It's hard for me do do something about this movie and not show a few scenes and dialogue from it. So here goes. The first has to be Gaff's Unicorn.







Gaff (Edward James Olmos): You've done a man's job, sir. I guess you're through, huh?
Deckard (Harrison Ford): Finished.
[Gaff throws Deckard his gun]
Gaff: It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?


Batty: (Rutger Hauer) I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.




Deckard (Harrison Ford): Do you love me?
Rachael (Sean Young): I love you.
Deckard: Do you trust me?
Rachael: I trust you. 


A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Blade Runner is loosely based on the Phillip K. Dick novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

That's it for this time around. Hope I didn't bore anyone with my movie stuff. So until we meet again, pleasant dreams!
Terri 


1 comment:

  1. They're nice! I can't paint anything apart from flowers.....you did it great. And I love the colour of this graphite polish...mmmm <3

    ReplyDelete