Saturday, May 4, 2013

Soap-Box On The Go Mani Kit






In a little while, I am going to visit my sister in Florida. My sister is very faithful about getting her Pedis, but is not really big on her nails. With this in mind, I challenged myself to come up with my own traveling Mani kit.  I thought I might be able to get everything I needed in a traveling soap box.

Thanks to Sally’s Beauty Supply, it worked. Their “Sally Babies”,which I call their tiny little bottles of nail polish, are just right for traveling. I don’t know how practical this project is, but it was a lot of fun to put together.




Here is a run down of everything I have in the “Soap Box Mani On The Go”

1.     A Target soapbox. For five cents more, it is ten times better than the one Wal-Mart sells. It’s larger and prettier.
2.     Two bottles of Sally’s “Mini Babies”. I figure it is time to start wearing some spring colors so am taking a pink and lavender.
3.     A mini bottle of Orly’s Argan Cuticle oil-they just gave this to me the last time I was at Sally’s. The winter has been so hard on my cuticles; this is a definite inclusion at this time of the year.
4.     Crystal clear coat from Starlight Polish-again, another freebee. I don’t know if Sally’s has topcoat in the babies. I didn’t look because I knew I already had this one.
5.     A 3 ½ inch 4-Way buffer from Tropical Shine from Sally’s. I told them what I needed and they found it for me.
6.     A small very old perfume bottle filled with Zoya Remove + polish remover. This is the one problem area. I cannot find a skinny enough plastic container. It has to fit into the top of the soapbox. So far, no travel size that I have tried  has worked. Finger polish remover is probably not a biggie, but I like my Zoya. If I use it up, I will go to a lesser quality product.
7.     Four duel-ended cotton tip applicators for eyes. I love these for clean up.
8.     Five cotton balls-I have some to start out with and they make great padding.
9.     Two hair ties on the outside. The box does not need them. It closes just fine, but you can always use hair ties.



No comments:

Post a Comment