Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Winter Storm Nails

This is a repost from the MeadowTree Journal. I was originally published 2/28/2013. After the week we have had in the midwest, I thought this would be the one to redo next.




I decided that a storm that dumped this much snow, took our electricity out for over fourteen hours, and is still letting the kids have snow days, deserved a special Mani.

Here it is in a nutshell.

I started out with a base coat using Feliz Navi-Doll from Sation. I think it was one of their Holiday colors. I found it after Christmas at TJ Maxx. Its not quite silver, gray, or blue, but all three with some shimmer. I don't have anything else like it. 

Next, I used  Icebreaker, which is "Various blue glitters in a sheer blue base with an icy blue flash", by Huemorista. This is an ETSY Indie brand that I just got (along with some of her others). I did a gradient in about three layers with a  heavier coat towards the bottom. 

I printed a least one snowflake on each nail, with some extras on the thumbnails. For this I used Alpine Snow from OPI's Top Ten 2012 collection.

 The design plate is HB23 and from Amazon. However, it had to come from Britain. I first saw this snowflake design on Nails Beautiqued before Christmas and fell in love with the snowflakes. This made me want to print. It has proved a challenge for me, however.
The Line Up
That's it for this time around. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment