Friday, May 17, 2013

24K Cotton Candy






Hello, today I have super easy way to have special nails without to much work. This is nice for beginners who want something special. I did this for Mother's Day and enjoyed making and wearing this nail project


Any color will work but my base coat is Orly's Cotton Candy. I read about it on a nail blog and immediately went to Amazon and Ebay looking for it. I have always enjoyed when bloggers who have been at this a while pull something out of their personal collections and tell me why they love it so. It sends me looking every time.

The top coat is Mentality's 24K Gold. This is 24 karet gold leaf in a suspension coat. It is beautiful stuff. I had to work on the placement of the gold flakes but it was fun and I felt I was making a design. This bottle goes for $14 but there is no shipping. And a little bit of this goes a long way. Next month I am getting the white gold leaf and it is only $11.


The accent nail is painted with Color Club's Winter Affair from this past Christmas (purchased at Sally's Beauty). Any gold would do and probably a gold glitter would also work. But I wanted something that looked like the gold leaf to match the gold flakes. 

 Mentality, Orly, and Color Club are all cruelty free.


 Have a great weekend. I am going to be wearing Zoya's PixieDust in Godiva and can't wait. Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment