Friday, April 25, 2014

Need Some Bling? How About My Favorite Amazon.

Last December, I won an Ebay auction benefiting animal rescue. The item was a lot of Indie polishes. Five different Crows Toes polishes were in the haul.

I picked My Favorite Amazon to wear to our last Kansas City Symphony concert at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. I only wanted to wear it on my ring fingers so picked Style Icon by Fnug as its companion.




 Notes

My Favorite Amazon by Crows Toes

If I understand what a "glitter bomb" is, this is one. You can see how many different types of glitter are mingling on my nail.  It makes a statement and I put it on as thick as I could (many single coats to build it up). 

Crows Toes is created by a forty something artist out of North Caroline who also has lots of critters. She sounds
like my kind of people. 

At this very moment, LLarowe has My Favorite Amazon on sale for $7.00.  

Style Icon by Fnug

Style Icon is a metallic taupe and I thought a perfect match for the glitter. It went on great and never had a chip for the time I wore it.
 
Fnug polish is a high quality polish from Denmark and is created by Charlotte Fnug Munksgaard. Fnug is hard to come by in the states. I purchased this one bottle on sale from LLarowe. They must have decided to stop carrying it because it is now nowhere to be found on their site. 

Fnug is also has some pretty great holographic polish and some of these can be found at Ninja Polish

Well, that is it. These were two great polishes that worked together great and gave me just the look I was after.  



The silk shirt that inspired it all. This is one of the motifs on the shirt that I wore to the concert. It played a major inspiration to the color combination that I used on my nails.





No comments:

Post a Comment