Thursday, February 5, 2015

52 Week Pick N Mix-Light Blue And Flowers

Hello Everyone!

I have week #19 for the 52 Week Pick N Mix Challenge. The promps this week are Flowers and/or pale blue. I decided to combine them and do both. I will say I wore this one for awhile, loved it! We have had up and down weather in Missouri this week and these nails were just a pick me up.


My first decision was what to have for the base. I really like Sinful Colors' Cinderella. Cinderella is a light blue with pink-orange shimmer. But Cinderella is also pretty sheer and I didn't have the patience for 3-4 coats.

That is where Ozotic 751 came into play. It has a similar blue tone but also has a slight pink duochrome and I was hoping that the pink might show just slightly through the one coat of Cinderella.

And I know you are muttering, "she did what?. Yep, I put a cheapie ($1.99 at Wall-mart) on top of Ozotic  and it got me the look I wanted. 


I hand painted parts of flowers with my Molotow white acrylic pen. I like just having parts of the flowers coming in from the edges. I have always likes when things are coming and going from the canvas edges and I guess nails are no different. 

Color Club's Blue Beaded added some darker blue and some textural interest. Blue Beaded is an interesting polish. It's not really a glitter and it does seem to have micro beads suspended in a clear base.


Ozotic 751, Blue Beaded and Cinderella

I love these fine point pens by Molotow. I got a few last Fall at the Kansas City Art Institute's Bookstore.

That's it for this round. So until next time, take care.


Terri
 This is another link up so check out some of the great designs below!

2 comments:

  1. they look nice, a bit wintery flowers :) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And with the monochromatic tones, it was very versatile which is why I wore it for a longer while.

    ReplyDelete