Friday, October 23, 2015

Witch Essentials-101:Hobby Polish Bloggers' Halloween Link Up

What does every good witch need?

Welcome to this months Hobby Polish Bloggers link up. My theme for this Halloween challenge is things that all good witches should have.
Coming up with things that a good witch needed was not hard. In fact, I had to leave one thing out.

It's all hand painted using both acrylic paints and polishes. And I made sure I used a lot of polishes. So you know I had tons of fun.




Essence's Grey-t To Be Here and Finger Paint's Amethyst Accent were the polishes I picked for the gradation on each nail. As you can see by the basket of polishes, I had fun in using everyone of these in some way.



What witch doesn't need a great broom. This one is ergonomic in that the handle is bent. It was hard to get anything on the small nail and the broom was my best bet. The polishes used: Cult Nail's Baker, Cult Nail's Inescapable and acrylic paint.




Nothing like a good shiny black cauldron boiling with squid, eyeballs and a bat wing or two. Nails Inc.'s Embankment made a perfect texture for the cauldron. I used acrylic paint for the ingredients.



I always believe in having a good black cat around, even if you are not a witch. I actually have two. The cat is painted in Cult Nail's Ignite. The moon is Nfu-Oh's Opal Glitter 39 over white acrylic and the grass is Nfu-Oh's Opan Glitter 56 over white acrylic. His eye's are Illamasqua's Radium. The whiskers are Butter London's Bobby Dazzler and inside the ears is Stripe Rite's silver glitter liner. 


You gotta to have a great hat (or hats if you are me) for the occasion. The hat is painted with Dollish Polish's The Witching Hour. The band is Zoya's Pixie Dust Stevie and the buckle is Stripe Rite's Gold striper.


And you got to have a good spell book to brush up on those forgotten recipes. The spell book is done in acrylic paint. I just couldn't see that any polish could be useful with this one.



And the one thing I had to leave out was the wand. But I will have one by Halloween.  Meanwhile, here's a small sign I found for my kitchen...think I will leave it up all year.


Well, that's it for me this time around. But as I mentioned earlier, I am taking part in The Hobby Polish Blogger's group link-up. This is a great group of bloggers on Facebook that are very supportive and always are willing to give help to other bloggers. So check some of their art out below.

So until next time, take care and shine on!


No comments:

Post a Comment