Monday, December 22, 2014

52 Week Pick N Mix #13-Grey And Distressed Nails

This week's challenge was distressed nails and/or grey. I thought this was sort of strange, being Christmas week, but I did combine both promps. I love simulated texture. These nails looks jagged and like they have real tactile surface but they are smooth. And they were so much fun to do. I think I will be doing more of this style, just for me.


First, I went with a blingly silver glitter base in Color Club's Sex Symbol. Then the dry brush layering happened. I first used Dove by Zoya. The second polish was Moon Rendezvous by Deborah Lippmann. This added some blue grey to the mix. The last grey I used was Elevation Polish's Kita.  I then added some black with Zoya's Willa. The last step I did before I added the top coat was to dab on some more silver glitter. 


A Close Up 

The silver kept it from being so dreary. It sort of looks like grunge with sparkle.  





So Here's The Crew

From Left To Right" Color Club's Sex Symbol, Zoya's Dove, Zoya's Willa (mini on side) Deborah Lippmann's Moon Rendezvous and Elevation Polish's Kita. I also used Zoya's Color Lock system that was part of my Black Friday Mystery Bag. Willa was also part of the Mystery Bag.


Well, that's a wrap up for this one. Gotta go bake, shop and clean house-all that wonderful getting ready for Christmas stuff. Take care and Happy Holiday's.
                  
                                                               Terri
                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment