Thursday, October 29, 2015

Lynnderella's Mr. Darcy and Illamasqua's Cameo

 Today I have Lynnderella's Mr. Darcy over Illamasqua's Cameo.

I like doing nail art, stamping and all that stuff that goes on with nail design. But my favorite thing it to come up with different polish combination with base and toppers to get a different look with the lacquers. I think that was what first drew me in. And I probably have the most fun with the few Lynnderellas I own. 

Mr. Darcy was part of the 2013 Once Upon A Prince collection. 

Mr. Darcy is made up of multiple shades of gray, periwinkle, lavender, gun metal, black and a tad of red glitters. I had wanted this one for a while and finally got it when it went on sale for $12. Lynnderella is having a few sales now on both her Ebay and StoreEnvy shops. 



I bought four Illamasquas from Hautelook earlier this Summer. Cameo is a Periwinkle blue. This is easily a one coater. Illasmasqua is now available again in the United States through through their UK website. There's free shipping with $75 and standard delivery of $7.50 for less than. Of course, when I got mine through HauteLook, they were half price and that would be the way to go (if they ever offer them again).




And, with a Lynn, I have to do a macro because there is so much going on with this polish. But that is usually the case with her creation. If you love glitters, she just can't be beat. Although, I won't go for any of those high rolling auctions that go over at her Ebay store.


  I wanted to do a dupe comparison for this one, since Illamasqua is so expensive. I have two other Periwinkles; China Glaze's Secret Peri-wink-le and Julep's Isabela. I would have to say that Isabela is dead on. You can find Isabela around but it still seems to be around $10. I got mine originally in a Maven box but I did find some for around $10 on Ebay. Cameo is $18.




Secret Peri-wink-le is just a tad dustier, as seen in this trio comparison. 



That it for this round, just two great polishes that I think go great together. What do you think? Take care and think Shiny.    Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment