Saturday, July 18, 2015

Starry Night Sky-July's HPB's Nail Link Up

Welcome to July's Hobby Polish Blogger's Nail Challenge Link UP. This months theme is Starry Night Sky. Rather than do something realistic, I tried to go with an abstract feeling of a night sky. 

It ended up being a tad more complicated that I originally intended. I used six different colors and kept doing different combos on a nail wheel, until I found something that I thought really worked. And I made sure I used my two polishes that were named Starry Night. 

The first three photos are just poses with a few of the polishes I used. After that, there are step by steps.










The Steps

Step 1-Not wanting a purely black sky, I first put on a couple of coats of CrowsToes' Minion.


Step 2-Next came on coat of Sinful Color's Starry Night.


Step 3-I had seen were people had painted areas when doing a Galaxy mani (although I wasn't really after that) and with a brush added a few wispy lines with Orly's Platinum.


Step 4-I decided to punch up the sparkle and added one think coat of Wet N' Wild's Hallucinate.


Step 5-Using a large dotting tool I used Starry Night by Glitzology. Glitzology is no longer in existence but she made heavy duty glitter bombs when she was. There's star glitter in here and some got on my nails, which was O.K. by me.


Step 6-Using a smaller dotting tool I made lots of small dots using Zoya's Tomoko, a Pixie Dust.


And there you have it. Here's my Nailie that I took.  



Well, that's it for me this time around. But as I mentioned earlier, I am taking part in The Hobby Polish Blogger's group link-up. This is a great group of bloggers on Facebook that are very supportive and always are willing to give help to other bloggers. So check some of their art out below.

So until next time, take care and shine on!

Terri


 

No comments:

Post a Comment