Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Putting Down Lines-Nail Art Nation's September Challenge

For September, Nail Art Nation challenged us to make a mani emphasizing lines. We could make lines anyway we wanted, free hand, tape or vinyls. I decided this was a chance for me to try some of my rarely used nail vinyls. I have plenty, but up to this point, have not had the patience to use them.

After the wide lines that were created by the vinyls I went back to what I really love which is making as thin line as I can with my Stripe Gold.

I also wanted to get in a fall mood and decided to go with taupe, brown and bronze for this mani. I added a bit of glitter with Cult Nail's Blaze because I love Blaze and try to find all the reason's I can use it as possible.



I first started out with a base coat of Orly's Nite Owl. This one has been around since 2011, I picked it up last fall and this is the first time I have gotten around to using it. Nite Owl is a taupe packed with silver shimmer.

Nite Owl

I picked some simple curves from Nail Vinyls. I used three on each nail after I top coated my Nite Owl (Seche Vite).



After putting the nail vinyls where I wanted them, sort of at angles to each other. I sponged a gradient of Zoya's Codie and Cult Nail's Swanbourne. You really can't see the Zoya but it's there. 

Mentioned earlier, I added one of my favorite glitters Cult Nail's Blaze.



There were to many to hold so I did a group shot.


That's it for this round. Hope you enjoyed my post and design. Do you use vinyls?  

So until next time, Take Care and Shine On<3.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment