Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Monochromatic-Hobby Polish Bloggers' November Link Up

Hello Nailistas and welcome to this months Hobby Polish Bloggers link up. 

Our November challenge was to create a monochromatic design. Monochromatic is a piece that has only shades and tints of one hue. 

It seems that I am still in a brown frame of mind and although, first thinking I was going to do blues, I got drawn to all my browns.
I went with a pretty graphic type mani using nail vinyls. 


The base is done in Mineral Fusion's Pretty Penny. After applying the nail vinyls, I created a sponged design using Rainbow Honey's Oni and Zoya's Codie. 


 


 Oni is a medium brown fill with glass flecks and multi chrome shimmer. It's quite a stunner on it's own.

Codie is a very dark brown and I would probably never wear it by itself. But it has really been a worker with my nail designs this Fall.

  • The nail vinyls were purchased from Nail Vinyls. But I am getting a message that the store is down for maintenance and I can't figure out if she is in business anymore). But there are plenty places to get vinyls from these days.
  • Pretty Penny was purchased from Ulta.
  • Codie was purchased from Zoya online (although Codie looks to have been discontinued)
  • Oni was purchased from Rainbow Honey. Oni is part of the Yokai Collection.

I have a feeling that this one might stick out like a sore thumb. I always seem to go in the oposite direction than everyone else does in theses nail challenge things. Oh well, so it goes.

Well, that's it for me this time around. But as I mentioned earlier, I am taking part in The Hobby Polish Blogger's group link-up. This is a great group of bloggers on Facebook that are very supportive and always are willing to give help to other bloggers. So check some of their art out below.

So until next time, take care and shine on!

Terri


No comments:

Post a Comment